Pregnancy and Woman’s Health
Many women present for Physiotherapy during pregnancy with pain, restricted function and movement and loss of normal function that Physiotherapy can safely relieve and restore.
It is very easy to ignore aches during pregnancy and dismiss them as part of your condition when there is much that can be done to prevent them getting worse with a growing bump and of course, the postnatal period is not the time to be trying to resolve them. You will most definitely have enough to do then! Common complaints during pregnancy that physiotherapy can help ease are:
- Upper back pain (thoracic pain)
- Low back pain
- Leg pain (sciatica)
- Rib pain
- Neck and postural pains
- Wrist pain (carpal tunnel syndrome)
- Pelvic pain (Pelvic Girdle Pain – PGP)
- Bladder issues during and after pregnancy
Our Kilcullen Physiotherapy team have the expertise of Clare Heary MISCP who specialises in pelvic floor and pelvic pain conditions.
Conditions treated include:
- Women with Urinary or Faecal incontinence, including Pelvic floor weakness and Dysfunction.
- Gynaecological and Menopausal problems– including Prolapse, loss of sensation of the pelvic floor muscles, including women pre and post operatively in relation to gynaecological, colorectal and bladder surgeries.
- Chronic Complex Pelvic Pain. (which may include gynaecological, bladder, bowel and musculoskeletal – MSK- problems)
So, if in doubt, think about booking an appointment with Claire, if only to put your mind a rest.